Based on a (probably better) BBC miniseries, Edge of Darkness is about the lengths a father will go to in order to unravel the mystery surrounding his daughter's murder. What I didn't like about Darkness was that it was too slow and randomly violent. The story - government cover ups, nuclear weapons - is intriguing and interesting, I just don't think it was told well. By randomly violent, I mean violent just for violent's sake. I understand violence is often necessary and I'm all for destruction and mayhem, but the degree and severity of violence here just seemed excessive and unneeded. It's not that Edge of Darkness is bad, it's just that it's not great. If you want to see a great movie based on a BBC miniseries, go out and rent State of Play!
Surprisingly not (completely) awful was When in Rome. What's shocking is the the cast that was able to be assembled for this mediocre rom com. Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel, Will Arnett, Dax Shephard, Jon Heder, Danny DeVito, Don Johnson and Anjelica Huston. Angelica Huston! I guess given the cast, this movie should have been a lot better, but as it is it's cute, harmless and sweet. However, I'm still trying to figure out why there was an unnecessary Napoleon Dynamite reunion.Did you catch SNL this weekend? It was a great show! Below is one of the best skits of the night.
1 comment:
Oh, how I love Mr. Buble! :)
Post a Comment