
I've decided that Seth Rogen is best with very little or no dialogue at all. I found him to be my main complaint about
Zack and Miri Make a Porno. It's not that he's bad, it's just when he falls into his familiar stigma of diarrhea of the mouth and constant f-bombs for no apparent reason, I begin to cringe. He's beginning to fall into that Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn category of "my hyper personality becomes every character I play." His best scenes in
Zack and Miri are when he's quiet and sweet. Moving along, when best friends Zack and Miri are deep into debt and in fear of losing their apartment, they decide to make a porno to earn some cash. Naturally.
Zack and Miri is funny and clever, but I think for a Kevin Smith movie it lacks some of that signature humor. It's definitely not the laugh riot that was
Clerks II. The cast of usual Kevin Smith characters was a bright spot and Elizabeth Banks (Miri), more or less the emotional center and heart of the film, was great. Check out
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/aad0482186/im-fing-seth-rogen-by-elizabeth-banks-from-karen-p for a very funny video by the cast of
Zack and Miri.

Well I will say no one does these "types" of movies better than Guy Ritchie. Others who try fall very short. That being said, I don't think
Rocknrolla is as good at Ritchie's other two top films -
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and
Snatch. Rocknrolla had some pretty fun parts, but not really enough for me to whole heartedly recommend the film. A big downside for me was how unlikable a few of the characters were. The Tom Wilkinson character for sure drove me nuts. On the other side Gerard Butler and Mark Strong (another great performance by Strong, last seen in
Body of Lies) were a couple of the more enjoyable characters.
No comments:
Post a Comment